Tuesday 29 April 2014

Day 6 Recovery

Tuesday Day 6
I woke up at 8am and was able to get out of bed easily and walk down the two flights of stairs with little trouble. I had my breakfast and relaxed all day on the sofa. I have been for two short walks which I am surprised to have done. I have been using a back support and whilst walking noticed a moderate pain on my lower right side and down my right leg. I really didn’t think I would be up and about so quickly. I am very conscious not to overdo anything and will be pacing myself but if I had known how good I would feel at this stage before the operation I wouldn’t have entered the procedure with so much trepidation. Dr Eakpatipan did mention this but having read things on the internet about the procedure I thought he was being optimistic. I have been in a small amount of pain all day as mentioned above and this gets worse when getting up off the sofa or onto the sofa. Most of the time I feel very comfortable. The only other pain I have seems to be muscle pain on both sides of my lower back. I have bruising there from the operation. Going to the toilet is not an issue.

 If progress continues to be so positive I hope to be back at work as soon as the staples are removed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment