Sunday 11 May 2014

Day 18 Recovery

Sunday Day 18

Today was a good day. I woke up with the now ubiquitous leg pain in the right leg but very early on went for a short walk. I came back had breakfast, took my pills and have been for the most part fine all day. The main issue today has been a recognition and dull ache in my back and buttock muscles. This was particularly prevalent after sitting for a period of time at dinner. I went out to dinner and sat for longer than usual and experienced a bit of discomfort when getting out of my chair. I also felt clearly that my back was weak. I am sure this is normal and will be taken care of once I build those muscles up around the wound and area of surgery. I did something today that I haven’t been able to do even before surgery and that was put my socks on, standing up, without any discomfort from my back. Definite signs of things to come. Tomorrow I will visit with Dr Eakpatipan again and fingers crossed will have my staples removed. They are really starting to annoy me now and I can’t wait to get them out. The plaster itself is uncomfortable and an annoyance. My medicine is all finished or will be after breakfast tomorrow and it will be interesting to see if I can come off any of it. A side effect of the medicine has been amazing dreams. I hope they continue after the medicine has gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment