Friday 2 May 2014

Day 9 Recovery

Friday Day 9 

I woke up today in significantly more pain than usual. I had a mixture of stiffness with pain in the lower back along with pain down the right leg as has happened previously. I’m not sure what to put this down to. It might be that I slept badly in an awkward position. I slept well on the whole waking up twice so am not sure if it was this. It might have been because I overdid it walking yesterday. The two walks I did though were very short, probably a kilometre in total for both walks, so would be surprised if it was this. Anyway I took my medication and pottered downstairs while having breakfast and after about an hour the stiffness went away and the pain in my leg reduced somewhat. Throughout the day the pain in my leg has gradually subsided although it remains slightly, particularly in the right side of my lower leg. I have done nothing today. Just rested and watched TV. I was going to take a short walk but a storm came up and then later my daughter decided she didn’t want to go leaving me a bit stranded at home. Now going to bed I feel pretty good (except for right leg slight pain) and have decided to sleep in the spare room tonight to see if the lack of air con makes a difference when waking up in the morning. I have a theory that the air con being cold is helping my back muscles to constrict more than they would if they were warm. We’ll see tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment