Wednesday 21 May 2014

Day 27 & 28 Recovery

Tuesday Day 27

Wednesday Day 28

Haven’t written for a couple of days as I have been laid up with stomach issues. I woke up on Tuesday lacking in the usual appetite and managed to have some cereal for breakfast mainly in order to take medicine (Miracid 30 minutes before breakfast and Arcoxia after eating). Things got progressively worse although I did have a bowl of fried rice for lunch. immediately after eating however I felt nauseous and retreated to the bathroom to be sick. I vomited a small amount and then tried to sleep but to no avail. Dinner time came and I had a chicken sandwich and had the same result as lunch. I went to bed earlier but had a horrible nights with intermittent sleep and nightmares when I did drop off.


I woke on Wednesday feeling slightly better and managed a couple of pieces of toast to aid with the medicine. My nausea remained and I contacted the hospital pharmacy to see if they could recommend anything over the counter that would help. They recommended Alum Milk a mixture of Aluminium Hydroxide and Magnesium Hydroxide. It has helped but I have still been experiencing waves of nausea throughout the day. I had a sandwich for lunch and this has stayed down. I can’t really face any dinner so am going to bed early and hope for a better day tomorrow. I am aware that Arcoxia can cause stomach upset but I have been taking it throughout my recovery and not experienced any issues. Now having reduced all medication apart from Miracid (which should in theory alleviate any issues) and Arcoxia I am wondering if I should consult with the doctor to see if this is normal. I may have eaten something that didn’t agree with me as can be common in Thailand but I don’t recall eating anything particularly unpleasant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment